Visions & Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do.
They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as independent, confident, happy citizens.
Our Values and Vision
In Wembury Primary School every child is valued as an individual. Children’s intellectual, creative and physical abilities, talents and skills are recognised, challenged and nurtured, so that they become confident lifelong learners.
This is summed up in our school motto
‘Life for Learning for Life…’
In our school ……
- We believe that learning should be enjoyable, stimulating, challenging and should develop skills and love for lifelong learning.
- We encourage and support children to be enquiring, independent thinkers, to enjoy challenge, be prepared to take risks, be confident, take opportunities and develop resilience.
- We believe that success is best achieved in a safe, caring, happy environment, through partnership and positive relationships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and visitors, based on trust, kindness, respect and acceptance of difference.
- We believe that all children can achieve, and we celebrate academic and personal achievement and progress.
- Our staff have high expectations of teaching, learning, behaviour and standards. They provide a stimulating learning environment, an exciting and purposeful curriculum and a structured framework for learning.
- We value motivated and well-trained staff, who work together and share good practice with other schools and learning providers in positive collaboration.
- We teach our children to be proficient and safe users of information technology in our rapidly changing, digitally-connected world.
- We value music, the arts and creativity, which are important for the development of the whole person.
- Outdoor learning and the environment are important to us: learning in and from our school grounds and our beautiful rural and coastal setting.
- We encourage a healthy, active lifestyle, and the wellbeing of children and adults in our school community is at the heart of what we do.
- We are part of the local community and encourage children, through decision-making and leadership opportunities, to understand their role as active contributors.
- Through understanding and practice of the values of democracy, equality, freedom of expression and belief, mutual respect, acceptance of difference, children are encouraged to be naturally inclusive and responsible global citizens.